Several small V-shaped valleys, as well as the stream valleys of the Große Aupke and Kleine Aupke cut through the forested ridge. At these watercourses you can, with luck, see typical species representative of near-natural streams, such as the Dipper or the Kingfisher.
Tips and hintsArnsberg Forest Nature Park: www.naturpark-arnsberger-wald.de
Getting thereComing from the Autobahn A46 (exit 63), take the Stembergstraße in the direction of Neheim. To reach the starting point of the hiking trail, follow the signs in Neheim to the "Forstliches Bildungszentrum". From the roundabout, follow the Graf-Gottschlich-Weg until you can turn right into Alter Holzweg. The hiking car park "Alter Holzweg" is located on the right-hand side.
Address for satnavs: Alter Holzweg 60, 59755 Neheim (Arnsberg)
GPS (UTM): 32 U 429229, 5700694
Google coordinates: 51.453000, 7.981470
ParkingThe hiking car park "Alter Holzweg", Neheim
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentSturdy footwear is recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.